Wednesday, October 26, 2011

November Goals

I posted this at Sunshine and Bones but I thought I'd put it here too since y'all are my peeps. Having two blogs can be a pain in the butt sometimes. Why don't more people want their recipes with a side of political snark? Oh well...

I know November is a week away, but I thought I should make some goals for myself. It's not easy picking up the pieces but it's a little more manageable when you have a clear understanding of what you want. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

1. Start doing the things I love

When everything was going on in my life I stopped doing the things I loved. This is not good. I haven't been reading or crafting and I need to. I'm starting to feel like my old self again, but my hobbies are a huge part of who I am.

2. Get back into blogging

This goes with the one above, but I think it deserves to be on its own. When I lost interest in doing anything blogging was the first thing that suffered. And while I don't think blogging is of some extraordinary significance in my life, I like doing it and I didn't stop because I made the conscious decision to. Plus all the people I've met online have been wonderfully supportive and I don't want to lose those connections.

3. Find a new place to live

This goal is probably the hardest. Not only is it gonna be a pain to actually move and all that, but I have horrible credit so I got to figure out a way around that. I know it'll work out in the end, but it's stressing me out.

4. Be a better friend

As the dust settles on my relationship drama I've come to see that there are ways I can be a better friend. This goal is a little more vague, but I just want to make the effort to turn a few acquaintances into true friendships and make sure some friends are getting all the love and support they deserve.

5. Go out dancing

I haven't been dancing since I first started dating Ryan. Going out is something my friends and I have been talking about forever, but it's time.I've never been the club type, but by god we're going out.

6. Accept where life takes me

Ooh this one is vague and all existential isn't it? I just want to live life the best I can without over-analyzing everything. I tend to obsess over things and I'm really trying not to. I want to make a new home for myself with my loved ones and I can't do that if I'm not open to where life takes me.

2 comments:

  1. Dancing is so much fun! Especially when you're out with your girls just for the purpose of dancing and having a good time and not to meet dudes. It's such a great stress reliever.

    I think this is a wonderful list of goals to start out with. And you have inspired me to start doing the things that I love to do again. I've stopped scrapbooking and playing poker since I've met Joe. I think I'm going to try to start doing those again. I really enjoy them and I don't know why I even stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I love going out for fun and with no intention of meeting anyone. TO be honest though I'm pretty clueless about dating and meeting people. I just feel really uncomfortable about the whole thing.

    Sorry I took so long to respond! I'm glad this post inspired you. Best compliment ever. :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?