Monday, June 6, 2011

Who cares?

Massive eye rolling today about this whole mess with Rep. Anthony Weiner.


The whole thing is ridiculous and I just don't get the screeching for him to resign. He didn't break any laws. He didn't spend money trying to cover it up. And he doesn't run on a platform of family values. The only thing Weiner did wrong was betrays his wife's trust and lie. The former is between him and his wife and the latter is kind of...unsurprising. Is it disappointing? Yes. Did Weiner handle the whole thing terribly? Oh yeah. But at the end of the day being a massive moron and lying about something you're ashamed of doesn't make you a pariah.

If you don't like what he did then don't vote for him. The end.

7 comments:

  1. I don't get the big deal. It's Weiner's weinner (I do like saying it). Who cares?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I enjoy it to. Entertains the 12 year-old boy in us all I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously. His personal life is his own damn business. Why does anyone care? Can we get back to examining how well politicians are doing their jobs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing John Stewart's coverage of it. =P I will grant there's some value to grasping a politician's ethical inclinations, but really? A picture? It's not as though he stole off into the woods for days and had a secret lovechild or some damn thing. There are more significant things we need to be using our time and funds to look into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's just another distraction. Yes. It was shitty of him to do it and lie about it, but it's his personal life. It's between he and his wife. I hate that we'll be hearing about it for a month or two and not hearing real news. I hate that some people won't take him seriously anymore too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ditto what everyone else wrote. I will say that it definitely has brought out the 12 y/o boy in me though. A friend of mine and I are having fun on Facebook thinking of cute things like, "Wiener will be stiff competition.." LOL! Ok, I know, I know, it's juvenile. But it's still funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. anotherdayanotherface: Yes, I definitely think what a politician does in private has importance. I just can't get too worked up over this. I think it might be a generational thing. Someone on Chris Matthews last night actually said the pictures are worse then if he'd had actual affairs. That's just crazy to me.

    April: Ha! That's one of the best I've heard.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?