Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sarah Palin: Paul Revere...um did some things

If we focused on every dumb thing Sarah Palin says we'd never have time for anything else, but this is too good to pass up.

He warned the British that they weren’t going to be taking our arms by ringing those bells and making sure as he’s riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free.
What? Just another example of the "lamestream media" asking those "gotcha" questions obviously.

ETA: I'm psychic!
From the New York Times:
Referring to the answer she gave in Boston, she added: "In a shout-out, gotcha type of question that was asked of me, I answered candidly. And I know my American history."

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe anyone would even consider this woman worthy of a vote - for anything !

    I heard a right winger say, "She's a good mother. Those skills would come in handy in The White House."
    I answered, "Yeah, my Mom is a GREAT mother. But, I do not think she is at all qualified to be president."
    I remember when I was a small fry, Mom tried to teach me the poem:
    "Listen my children and you shall hear
    Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere...."

    Sarah could use that poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, she scares me...in that some people actually LISTEN to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Faery Chaos, she scares the hell out of me. The people that follow her scare me more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I am NOT a Palin fan one bit, I feel like she gets asked those "gotcha" type questions a lot because of the stupid shit she's said in the past. I bet you that if someone asked any other politician some "gotcha" type questions, some of their answers would be just as silly. Palin is just an easy target.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that most people won't be able to answer questions specifically meant to confuse them on purpose (which is what I think she means when she calls them "gotcha questions", but I disagree that this is an example of that. Here she was asked “what was the importance of Paul Revere’s ride?” Now if she was asked that randomly I would agree it was meant to make her look stupid, but she had just visited Paul Revere’s house in an attempt to appeal to Revolutionary war obsessed conservatives. And her response wasn't even NEAR coherent. She just rambled on hoping she could latch onto something. She didn't even have to try and explain his ride. She could of just said some flowery nonsense about Americans never giving up and fighting against impossible odds or something. It was her attempt to bolster her patriocity (I don't even know if that's a word) that actually led to this question.

    Really, if being asked about what Newspapers you read throws you off your game then even standard questions can be construed as "gotcha questions." It's embarrassing. While I do agree that she gets singled out, her stupidity is to blame on this one.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?