Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What's Your Political News IQ?

I don't know if you guys have seen this, but the Pew Research Center has a political news IQ test you can take to see how well informed you are about current political events. Most people did horribly so take the test and feel good about yourself!

Unfortunately for me, I got one wrong. I knew the answer too, but I thought the test was trying to trick me. I also thought it was surprising that Republicans did better than Democrats and Independents this time around. What's unsurprising though is the fact young people still know more about facebook than they do the leaders of congress. You win some you lose some I guess.


You can take the test here if you're interested. Let me know how you do.

12 comments:

  1. I got 8! The energy one (chose nuclear) and the percentage of obese Americans (chose 50%)...I also keep mixed up Gadhafi as the leader of Egypt instead of Libya. I debated on those two the longest. Kind of embarrassed to have missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that's still pretty good. The obese one almost got me too! I missed the medicaid one. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got 10 correct! Only missed the one about what the US govt. currently spends the most money on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you think they were trying to trick you too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stand corrected...apparently I don't know it all:) Stupid electric energy question, how am I supposed to know where it comes from? It comes from the plug-in on the wall! And possibly...treadmill hamsters running on their wheels at the power station.

    I didn't see anywhere that asked about being Republican or Democrat. How did they get that info? Did they just profile us by state, or what?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandon: Ha! When you click on the poll results it says "Before you read the report, we invite you to test your own News IQ by taking the latest interactive knowledge quiz. The short quiz includes the same questions that were included in the national poll. Participants will instantly learn how they did on the quiz in comparison with the general public as well as with people like them."

    I imagine political affiliation and age were part of the poll.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got 9. I missed the medicaid spending one and the electric energy one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed the medicaid one too. I kept looking for DEFENSE !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew you guys were smart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got 9 correct. I missed the government spends the most question and the energy question. I fail to see how the Facebook question applies to politics. This test was fun though. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the facebook question is to show how young people overwhelmingly know who created facebook, but have no clue who the Speaker of the House is. Silly though.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?