Thursday, April 14, 2011

Obama on America's Fiscal Future

Here's President Obama's speech about the budget yesterday in case you missed it:


I thought it was actually pretty good. Or as Rachel Maddow said, "Unexpectedly satisfying." Everyone on MSNBC had a major hard on for the speech and here's a clip from Maddow's show that highlight some of the best parts in case you don't want to watch the whole thing:


People often mention how Obama often seems calm or "sedate." I think it's amusing because I really think that's just his demeanor. And I like it. I don't care if it's just a run up to the 2012 elections either. It's still refreshing to see some backbone in the Democratic party.

2 comments:

  1. I was literally applauding my television during the entire speech yesterday. I was thrilled to see him address a lot of the issues that I've been concerned about (taxes needing to be increased, military spending cuts, funding for healthcare and education continued.) I hope he's not just saying it for political gain, and that he follows through with a lot of these statements. I hope the Republicans will cooperate instead of sitting on the House floor with their arms crossed, refusing to budge or negotiate on anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always kind of expected to see this with Obama. If her gets reelected I think his second term will be different.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?