Monday, April 11, 2011

Eric Cantor and How a Bill Becomes Law

About a week ago Republican House Majority Leader Eric Cantor wanted to make a bill that would essentially bypass the Senate votes and Presidential signature that the pesky constitution requires before a bill can become law. I know this is old news, but the bill states that "if the Senate fails to pass a measure before April 6, 2011 providing for the appropriations of the departments and agencies of the Government for the remainder of fiscal year 2011, H.R. 1 (as passed by the House on February 19, 2011) becomes law."


The only reason I'm posting this is so I can share the awesomeness that is Rep. Anthony Weiner responding to GOP craziness:


Of course a little schoolhouse rock could have done the job as well:


I'm over a week behind, but kudos to Weiner once again!

4 comments:

  1. I loved Weiner's response to this. It had me cracking up. It's sad that he had to do something like that, but oh was it hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always liked that School House Rock. It's my favorite, followed by Conjunction, Junction, of course.

    They are making it too easy on Weiner. The jokes write themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart Weiner. I was cracking up, too. I would have loved to have seen their faces when he pulled the book out. Oh and his response to the word "gotta" was pretty funny as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here! The "gotta" part amused me as well.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?