Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Howard Dean on Rachel Maddow

I watch videos like this and I just don't understand. How do people fail to see these things? Why do we put up with these misconceptions about what the parties are and what they aren't. It's all a bit ridiculous.


I have to say I'm much more cynical than Howard Dean. I don't think most people do reject the idea that Republicans are fiscal conservatives. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people claim that as the main reason why they identify with the GOP in fact.

2 comments:

  1. The problem, of course, is the narrative the media has to sell in order to present a compelling newcast that people would watch. However, it's not like a real assessment of the parties would be very flattering for Democrats - at least, from my liberal perspective. I imagine an honest analysis of the parties would have a small groups of crazies voting Republican, most Republicans voting Democrat, and most Democrats staying home on election day for lack of anyone to vote for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I agree. I didn't mean to imply that Democrats weren't in the same boat as Republicans when it comes to the lies we tell ourselves. Democrats, with exception of a few things, are really today's Republicans.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?