Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Imaginary Enthusiasm Gap Between Republicans and Democrats

So I'm posting a lot of videos today, but I thought this segment of Rachel Maddow was brilliant. Once again Maddow Shows how media narratives aren't particularly accurate. First it was the idea of voter anger throwing out incumbents, which Maddow showed was factually wrong, and now it's the idea that Republicans are far more enthusiastic than Democrats.


This has me thinking a lot about how these narratives come into being and what exactly the purpose is. Is it some kind of attempt at a self-fulfilling prophecy? I don't know, but I'm glad someone is calling them on their bs.

3 comments:

  1. Rachel! Mmm, facts and logic. I think I can see why my boyfriend has a crush on her.

    I like when you post lots of videos. You pick really good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I want to know is how anyone doesn't have a crush on her.

    And thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was the only one with a crush on her...

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?