Thursday, August 12, 2010

Only in America is helping someone commit suicide considered more morally acceptable than being gay.

Like everything Colbert does, this segment is ridiculous. I was a bit suprised to find that the gallop poll he is referencing is legit though.

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full Episodes2010 ElectionFox News


Here is the poll results from gallup:

Photobucket

The answers to these questions have to do with morality and nothing to do with whether or not these situations should be legal or not, but I still can't believe that premarital sex and having a baby out of wedlock are considered worse then stem cell research and the death penalty. That's just crazy talk to me. And while I am glad that having an affair is rightly seen as morally wrong, to consider it worse than cloning humans is a tad much I think.

You can read the full poll here.

2 comments:

  1. I'm too drunk to form an acceptably infuriated response, but that poll is quite upsetting. Also, contradictory in many ways.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?