Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Shirley Sherrod and Fox News

This blog could essentially be one thunderous applause for Rachel Maddow. I can't think of one time where I've watched her show and felt like she was off about something (that doesn't mean she's perfect of course). While I enjoy Keith Olbermann's shameless pretentiousness, Maddow has a solid rational presence that gives everything she says extra credibility I think. She just gives off the impression that she looks at each situation and takes the road that makes the most sense. And I can respect that.

Anyhoo, this segment last night about Shirley Sherrod and Fox News was brilliant.




Her point that the Obama Administration has allowed Fox News to have too much sway in its administration is an interesting one. I think she also clearly shows that Fox News will always try to show Obama in a negative light. I don't think this is much of a surprise to anyone, but it bears repeating.

I'm glad the White House apologized to Sherrod today and offered her a new position. Hopefully a good lesson was learned.

Maddow also talked to the NAACP President Benjamin Jealous about how this situation has attempted to stoke racial tension among white people. You can see the video here.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, wow.

    Also, I think Rachel Maddow is brilliant, and I never get tired of hearing her take on things. She makes so much sense! And effective use of logic is something that I find very admirable.

    Random side-note about her, apparently one of my supervisors at work went to high school with her. And they had almost every class together for all 4 years. For some reason I think that's really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cool! I love the idea that all these awesome people were just regular kids at some point. I know that sounds weird, but hopefully you get what I mean. lol

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?