Monday, July 5, 2010

A Holiday Weekend in Pictures

For the last few years, Ryan and I have spent the fourth barbecuing at his parents' house in lieu of watching fireworks. This year I was determined to see some though. Since the fourth fell on a Sunday this year (obviously), we got lucky and were able to catch a Saturday celebration without having to ditch the family.

IMG_5752
IMG_6284
IMG_6215
IMG_5653
IMG_6347
IMG_5631
IMG_5721
IMG_6197
IMG_5755
IMG_6209
IMG_6271
IMG_5741
IMG_5803
IMG_6193
IMG_5852
IMG_6213
IMG_5917

I don't think I've ever sat so close to such a large fireworks display. One time hot ash even fell on us. It was crazy but all kinds of awesome. Other then that, we just spent the weekend eating and playing. It was great.

Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday!

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Looks like you had a lot of fun. I love the fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    I'm here courtesy of the LBP link. Love the pictures! May I ask what kind of camera you are using, as I'm hoping to buy one myself in a few months (cash willing).

    Hope you don't mind a new follower - we seem to share a lot of political viewpoints, and I look forward to reading what you have to say.

    Tori in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tori in Ohio! Welcome to my humble corner on the interwebs and I don't mind answering any of your questions. :)

    I use a Canon Rebel XSi. I took photography last semester so I've only had camera for a few months (about 5). So far, I'm extremely happy with it and would recommend anything in the Rebel line without reservation. I heard they're phasing out the XSi and making their Ti the new midrange camera (it is basically the same as the XSi but with video), but I love my camera. The price was also super resonable (I got my camera and lens for just under $600). Now that I've taken the DSLR plunge I don't think I could ever go without one. They're fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! $600 was about what my budget would allow, although I know I'm going to go lens crazy at some point, and I plan on taking some classes too. Someday. Someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The BEST 4th of July pics I've seen this year. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, my comments are all out of whack.

    Tori: It is really the accessories that get you. I'm pretty happy with my lens, but I can't wait to get a tripod and a wireless remote. And I'd recommend a local community college if you can for a class. That's where I took mine and it was great.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?