Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fairy Tale Week 2010 Suggestions

As you can probably guess by the title, I am planning on doing another "Fairy Tale Week" this year. For one, I just adore fairy tales. Even though I take issue with some aspects of fairy tales, I love the feeling of hope and courage that permeate fairy tales. The world can be a bitch sometimes and we could all use a little magic in our lives. I am also a little annoyed at myself for the way I just threw everything together last year. I know that must sound a bit silly considering I blog as a hobby on my spare time, but I am just not happy with the way things worked out last year.

But things are different this time around. Not only do I have more of an idea of what I am trying to do, but I also have more time. I don't know if I'm going to wait until November (which is when I did it last year), but I'm thinking no earlier than August. That gives me plenty of time to do what I want and read the books I will need to read.

The point of this post is to give you guys a heads up that I will be putting this thing together over the next few months. If you have any ideas or suggestions feel free to let me know. Any books you think I should read? I want to hear about them. (I don't care if they're more academic or if they're just fairy tale retellings.) Is there something you liked or didn't like last year? I would love to hear your thoughts. I also want you guys to feel free to send me any pictures you think I should imclude.

Get my drift?

So, you can leave a comment here or you can just email me if you'd rather do so (alanagkelly[at]yahoo.com). I may not include the pictures of your cats sitting by your Disney snow globe collection, but I will definitely take the time to check it out.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?