Sunday, May 16, 2010

SLC Roller Derby

Yesterday my friends and I decided to watch some roller derby downtown at the Salt Palace (and by "friends" I mean the two people I roped into going with me). I was actually pleasantly surprised by the game and thought it was a lot of fun. I had been meaning to check it out forever, but it was one of those things that I kept putting off for no real reason.

The match we watched was between the Sisters of No Mercy and the Leave it to Cleavers. I wish I could have gotten some crisper pics, but the lighting wasn't very good and my flash sucks.

IMG_3139
IMG_3066
IMG_3095
IMG_3067
IMG_3098
IMG_3163
IMG_3125
IMG_3140
IMG_3165
IMG_3189
IMG_3107

See how my friend Stephanie ruined this last picture by covering her face? I hate it when people do that so I'm posting it anyways in the hope that she will learn to love my obsession of taking photographs of everything.

I'm a terrible friend aren't I?

Also, the guy in the picture is totally my history professor from last semester. I love it.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Is it anything like the movie "Whip It?" I love the nicknames and the appearance of body-positivity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whip It was more showy (obviously lol), but beyond that it was actually pretty similar. It wasn't as brutal as in the movie either, but it was really awesome to watch so many bas ass women. I was also able to understand what was happening because of the movie which was cool.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?