Monday, May 17, 2010

Miss USA is Obviously a Terrorist

I just love how some wingnuts are going crazy over the fact that the newly crowned Miss USA, Rima Fakih, is brown.


And because she's brown, the show must obviously be rigged. There's just no way Fakih could have won against all those lovely blonde women. We must also never refer to her as an actual person on par with the other contestants. Nope. She must always be "othered" and referred to as a "Muslim-American." To top it all off, Fakih is obviously a dirty whore since she believes health insurance should cover birth control. The audacity of some people.




Good to know that Miss Oklahoma's answer is what qualifies as an "informed opinion" nowadays. I mean, even though the question was more about whether the federal government or the states have the authority to make immigration laws, she's like totally a huge believer in states’ rights and thinks America is wonderful. Doesn't get any more informed then that my friends.

And I'd like to know wtf Gretchen Carlson means by saying, an "Arab-American won because of a "PC society."" I know it's hard for her to imagine that Fakih could ever beat out the blonde blue eyed states' rights loving true American, but the old "blame it all on the PC" stick is a bit tiring.

While I do agree with Carlson that we shouldn't really care about what these women have to say about complex social issues, I don't really see how Gretchen has a leg to stand on (though I do find it amusing that Fakih has degrees in economics and business management and plans on going to law school). In fact, I'm still trying to figure out why I should give a flying fuck what Gretchen thinks as well or why her opinion is so much more valid.

Edit: I just want to add a link to this video that highlights the craziness.

4 comments:

  1. Buh, people on the TeeVee are so stupid I can't even form a coherent sentence to describe how stupid they are!

    Dumbfoundedness aside, all I can say is, PC society? Really? I don't think they understand what that means. Oh no, brown people are allowed an equal chance at winning! How will we ever subjugate them now?

    Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, god, whatever. I didn't even know this was happening right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about it until I read some of the reactions of people. Some people even said that Obama must have rigged the show since his administration has always been about appeasing muslims. Major wtf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems to me that the inference is that a brown woman couldn't possibly win on merit alone.

    WTF??

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?