Friday, May 28, 2010

Can I Toot My Own Horn For Just a Moment?

In my last post I said I like to pretend I know how to sew, but I've actually been practicing lately. One of the reasons I'm so bad at sewing is my unwillingness to pin anything (my general laziness does not mesh with sewing very well). I tend to just go for it and then live with my uneven hems. While I don't really mind too much, I hope to eventually have enough skill sewing to make something a little more complicated then drapes and pillows.

Anyhoo, I just want to brag for a moment because I actually made a skirt. It's simple and not too impressive, but I'm terribly proud of myself. It even has pockets!

IMG_3307 copy
IMG_3397 copy
IMG_3419

Not too bad right? (I know it's kind of hard to see since its black.) I also made that "harder" necklace since no school equals tons more crafts to try and keep sane. Originally I was going to make one that said "slut," but I thought that was too expected. In the end I felt "harder" was both more and less crude in a way that I could get behind.

So that's it. If you're interested in trying your hand at sewing, I found a simple tutorial here.

4 comments:

  1. That skirt is really cute. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm about to start my own sewing adventure after not sewing anything for a couple years. Eeek!

    Also, yay pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha good luck! Sewing seems like one of those things you have to keep doing otherwise you lose your mojo. Then again, sewing is like some mystical thing to me so hopefully I'm wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?