Tuesday, April 6, 2010

An interview with Ariel Levy about Female Chauvinist Pigs

In a previous post I talked about my love for the book Female Chauvinist Pigs, so it should be no surprise that I loved this interview with the author Ariel Levy.

This interview is particularly great if you haven't read the book since Levy gives you a very clear image of the message she is trying to make. I know it's a little long, but it's great. I promise.






Just because females are engaged in something doesn't mean it's feminist.
Once again I'm a little annoyed that there isn't any emphasis on what we could do going forward in order to bridge the gap between raunch and genuine sexual expression, but beyond that I thought the interview was full of win.

-via Sociological Images

1 comment:

  1. I finally listened to this. I hate NPR. I hate interviews. This was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?