Friday, March 19, 2010

Bicycles and Witches

This year I am finally going to by myself a bike. Even though Utah only has about two months of nice weather throughout the year (and few of those days are actually near one another), I think it's be nice for us to be able to go one family bike rides when possible.

I feel like such a "mom" just typing that.

Anyhoo, when I saw the Liberty of London bike for Target I almost died. Unfortunately for me, everyone else seemed to love it too since it sold out right away.


The plus side to the bike selling out is that I don't have to slowly convince myself that $200 is a perfectly reasonable amount to spend on a bike I'll only occasionally ride. Plus I'd like to ride to school when possible, since it's just up the street, and I think I'd be too worried that someone would try to steal it.

So I think I'm gonna go with this bike from Walmart:


Isn't it cute? Plus it's only $84 dollars. The only down side is I have to order it online and have it shipped to the store. No instant gratification there. But maybe by time it arrives the fickle Utah weather will pick a season and stick with it for a while.

Now I just need a basket. (FYI: I totally just heard the Wicked Witch of the West's theme song from The Wizard of Oz in my head.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?