Monday, February 22, 2010

Maybe if I sell a kidney I can afford my photography class

Sometimes I can't believe how much money I am spending to take my photography class. I know some of you are probably thinking "duh," but I got to admit to being constantly surprised at how many things I need to buy. There's always one thing or another I need for the next assignment, plus the cost to have 36 pictures developed every week adds up pretty quickly.

In a previous post I talked about buying a Canon Digital SLR which, while I think it was definitely worth it, wasn't a small expenditure for this broke ass unemployed loser student.


Well, it turns out I also need a film camera (of course). Luckily I was able to find a Canon rebel Xi that has the same ef lens mount as the Digital XSi for only $35 bucks in the classifieds.



The problem? The lens that comes with my digital camera is actually an ef-s lens and is not compatible with the 35mm Ti. Seriously, wtf? I know it's my fault for paying attention to the lens mounts instead of both the mount and the lens, but I didn't realize there would be a difference. The guy who sold me the camera bosy is also selling a lens but it's $130 dollars.

So now I have a camera without a lens and an assignment due tomorrow that involves developing a roll of film ourselves. Just peachy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?