Monday, February 8, 2010

A Brighter Shade of Red

I saw this post over at Jezebel that featured this magazine cover and I nearly swooned:



I've already talked about how freaking adorable Kathryn Prescott is, but I seriously need to have my hair this red color.



I bet it's a pain in the ass to maintain though and I'm too cheap to pay anyone to do it for me. Where there's a will there's a way though right? I am also diggin the makeup in the magazine picture and hopefully I can find a better pic so I can recreate it.

2 comments:

  1. you have to get a red dye that isn't muted and cut with browns. a ex friend who used to color mine back when i did burgundy, she had been a stylist so she had the license to get into the beauty supply stores. anywho.

    Framesi is the brand you want. it was the only red i ever used that didn't fade to brown soon after. I also had very good luck washing with those shampoos & conditioners that are meant for red colored hair. the one i recall using was by Aussi, and it the shampoo was red, it deposited a tiny bit of temp dye, just enough to keep the red vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch! I will have to look for that. The dye I use now is only really red for a week or two and then it just fades to auburn.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?