Monday, February 22, 2010

American Healthcare Myths and Dick Armey

I love when politicians say things that are completely out of touch with reality. For me it's a reminder that politicians, on both sides, have no freggin clue for the most part. Most politicians are wealthy and will never have to worry about the compromises that have to be made when a person can't afford insurance.

Leave it to Dick Armey to sum up the idiocy I'm referring to:



Does America have the best health care system in the word? In my view the entire question is irrelevant since I cannot afford coverage (though I would still say no). And until health care insurance is readily available for all Americans, I think the question is too narrow and pretty much useless.

There was a link to this video in the middle of the video above that I also wanted to include because it talks about some of the myths regarding health care in America and around the world:



You can read the entire article Cenk is referring to here.
The key difference is that foreign health insurance plans exist only to pay people's medical bills, not to make a profit. The United States is the only developed country that lets insurance companies profit from basic health coverage.
I highly recommend checking the article out. It rocks. (And by rocks, I mean it confirms your worst fears and makes you hope you never get sick again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?