Monday, January 4, 2010

Things to do in 2010

I decided to make a list of things I want to do in 2010.

I do want to make it clear that in my mind these aren’t resolutions though. There always seems to be a dreary sense of self flagellation that comes along with resolutions that makes me uncomfortable. Instead, I look at this list as a simple compilation of random junk I’d like to do. If I accomplish anything on this list then good, but if I don’t I won’t feel bad about it.

Because who really needs more reasons to feel bad about one’s self?


Things to do in 2010:

1. Ride in a hot air balloon. This is something I’ve wanted to do for the last few years.

2. Learn how to take better pictures. This one is kind of vague, but I’m not entirely sure what it is I want exactly. I'm counting this one as done since I took a photography course and the difference is amazing. This will always be a work in progress though.

3. Wear false eyelashes. At least more often. I do so now, but I mostly save it for special occasions and I’ve decided I want to do it for the heck of it more often. Done. I know consider falsies part of my sometimes wardrobe.

4. See the Grand Canyon. Self explanatory. I haven’t been anywhere and I’m tired of dreaming about all the things I want to see without making the effort to see the ones I can. (Plans have been made)

5. Buy a tart pan. And use it obviously.

6. Take a silk screening class. I’ve always fantasized about making t-shirts and I’m gonna go for it this year.

7. Get a job. Mundane but necessary. I’m hoping to find a job I don’t hate though. How’s that for goals?

8. Two words: date night. I want to make more of an effort to spend time with my man. Life tends to get in the way and I want to fix that. I was thinking once a month, but even once every other month would work for me. (Working on this and so far so good)

9. Make a zine. This seems silly, but it’s something I want to do. Even if I only end up giving it to my friends I’m gonna give it a try.

10. Learn how to use photoshop. Because it’s kind of impossible (and I only have photoshop elements).

11. Paint our kitchen. I’m thinking a nice cornflower blue would look nice. (I just bought the paint. Yay!) Done.

12. Buy 5 dresses. I want to wear more dresses and I’m trying to break my habit of not buying clothes for years on end. (Working on this - 3 down 2 to go) Done.

13. Throw a party. It’s been too long. I also want it to have a theme though. I'm thinking a cupcake party maybe? Done. Costumer party for Halloween.

14. Start a cookbook for my son. I have this idea of collecting recipes from both sides of the family and making Holden a cookbook. I’ll test each recipe and then take lovely pictures (see above) of the results. Then I plan to have it printed out as a book with little anecdotes and family facts. I think it’ll be great, but I keep putting it off. (WIP)

15. Join a group. I’m thinking a book club or a sewing group. Maybe volunteer somewhere.

16. Try sushi. Maybe on a date night. Done.

There are also a few other things I want to do but are still too vague to put down on paper. Like I want to see more plays and movies, but I’m not sure exactly what that means practically. I also want to work on my art but that could mean anything. I also realize that being poor isn't going to help the situation. I may have to give some things up in order to accomplish others, but that's just life. (If possible I'd like to buy a bike for the two weeks in fall when it isn't to hot/cold and ride it to school.)

I do have to say I'm already looking forward to this though. I even put a tab up at the top to link to this page so I can cross things off here as I finish them (plus I didn't really need a photostream tab since it's under my "about me" section anyways).

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?