Friday, January 15, 2010

School Ramblings

You know those days where you wake up and it’s like your load is just a little lighter? I love those days. I also love how they can come along for no reason sometimes. It’s like your mind is busy jumping mental hurdles that you’re not even aware exist while you go about your life.

And today I feel light as a feather.

As most of you know I got to school at a local community college. Since I want to transfer to the U in a year and a half, I have to make sure I stay on top of my shit. I know this isn’t new news to most people, but my point is that I need to take at least 15 credits a semester in order to stay on top of things. My problem is that it’s very difficult for me to take classes 5 days a week, but I felt obligated to do so anyways.

Well, I changed my mind and I feel great. I know it doesn’t seem like a lot (especially to those of you who have bigger loads), but it’s just too difficult to try and juggle everything. I decided to drop Intro to Philosophy, which I didn’t really want to take, and now I’ll only have class Mon-Thurs. I talked to Ryan and we felt like this was the best decision for us as a family. And now that it’s done, I realize this was something that was stressing me out.

Anyhoo, most of my classes blow this semester but I’m ridiculously excited to be taking photography. The only down side is all the shit I have to buy for the class, but my grant money should cover most of it luckily. The most expensive thing I have to buy is a SLR camera. There are some lovely cameras on the market, but I’m probably going to buy a Canon Rebel XSi due to the cost.



I’m kind of bummed I can’t get a nicer camera, but I realize that I’m lucky to be able to get anything. Plus, if I need an expensive camera to take good pictures then I’m probably not that good in the first place.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you :) I wish I knew what your talking about with the "light" days. I don't remember the last time I didn't have a quiz one day or a paper due :P. But I hope ya'all stay on top of things and I'd love to see the pictures your taking (photography is my sister's elective in school, so she geeks out about these things now)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully things lighten up some since midterms are over (at least here). And I probably will share some pics. At least as long as they don’t suck major ass. ;)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?