Friday, January 1, 2010

Dumbest Quotes of the Decade

What better way to ring in the new year then with some of the dumbest quotes of the decade courtesy of Huffpo?

Not too surprisingly Bush wins with his "fool me once" statement, but this video demonstrates the oceanic size of ridiculousness Bush gave us in eight years:


“They misunderestimated me” is such a classic Bushism. I think my all time favorite quote from Bush though is, "You can't be the president and the head of the military at the same time." It just shows the basic lack of understanding that Bush suffered from. "Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter," is another one of my favorites as well. (Bush said this to British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and French President Nicolas Sarkozy when leaving his final G-8 Summit.)

Dana Perino has the number two spot with her gem, "We did not have a terrorist attack on our country during President Bush's term." Following Perino is Lumbaugh with, "Exercise freaks...are the ones putting stress on the health care system."

One of the funnier ones included was Arnold Schwarzenegger's statement, “I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman.” There were also a few celebrity quotes included, but who really cares?

There were a few I was surprised to see left out though.

In no particular order:

1. Donald Rumsfeld's claim that the Iraq war wouldn't last six months:



2. "This president I think has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture....I'm not saying he doesn't like white people, I'm saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist." -Glenn Beck

3. "We need to uptick our image with everyone, including one-armed midgets." -Michael Steele

4. "UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –Obama, attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument.

5. "Keep your government hands off my Medicare." -a speaker at a health care reform town hall meeting.

6. "I'm just not giving it up for fuckin' nothing. I'm not gonna do it. And, and I can always use it. I can parachute me there... Give this motherfucker Obama his senator? Fuck him. For nothing. Fuck him." —Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, recorded in a federal wiretap trying to sell Barack Obama's Senate seat.

7. "It may be tempting and more comfortable to just keep your head down, plod along, and appease those who demand: 'Sit down and shut up,' but that's the worthless, easy path; that's a quitter's way out." -Sarah Palin, announcing her resignation as governor.

8. "Hunger can be a positive motivator." -State Rep. Cynthia Davis (R-Missouri)

9. "You've done a nice job decorating the White House." -Jessica Simpson, upon being introduced to Interior Secretary Gale Norton while touring the White House.

10. "I couldn't get a job with CIA today. I am not qualified." -CIA Director Porter Goss

11. "I do know that it's true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could, if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down." -Bill Bennett, former Education Secretary

12. “Now tell me the truth boys, is this kind of fun?" -House Majority Leader Tom Delay (R-TX), to three young hurricane evacuees from New Orleans at the Astrodome in Houston.

13. "[He has] a career of slavishly supporting the Republican Party." –House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer on Michael Steele

14. "Fucking Jews. ... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world. ... Are you a Jew?" -Mel Gibson

15. "These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by griefparrazies. I have never seen people enjoying their husband's death so much." -Ann Coulter, on 9/11 widows who have been critical of the Bush administration.

16. "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man." -Sen. Joe Biden on Sen. Barack Obama

17. "All these things give me kind of a gut feeling, not that I have a specific threat that I have in mind right now, but we are entering a period of increased vulnerability." -Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, on terrorism threats

18. "(I have) a wide stance." -Sen. Larry Craig

19. "In Iran, we don't have homosexuals, like in your country." -Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

20. “I think white men were 100% of the people who wrote the constitution, 100% of the people who signed the Declaration of Independence, 100% of the people who died at Gettysburg and Vicksburg, probably close 100% of the people who died at Normandy. This has been a country basically built by white folks.” -Pat Buchanan

21. "People such as scientist Stephen Hawking wouldn't have a chance in the U.K., where the National Health Service would say the life of this brilliant man, because of his physical handicaps, is essentially worthless." - Investors Business Daily editorial

And finally, Janet Napolitano's "The System Worked" just squeaked by.

1 comment:

What's on your mind?