Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Nothing like beer for Christmas

I hate beer. It’s one of those things that I wished I liked (like wine), but I just don’t. Unless I’ve already had far too much to drink, the taste of beer literally makes me want to throw up. I have to force myself to swallow every drink I take and I don’t find that to be a pleasant experience. (Too be honest though, I’ve pretty much stopped drinking. It’s just not something I do very often. Not for any particular reason, but because I just have no desire to.)

Anyhoo, the point of this post (though not having a point has never stopped me before) is to talk about Ryan’s Christmas gift. Ryan, for whatever reason, has started drinking beer and he really enjoys it. Since one Long Island Iced Tea can leave Ryan puking all over his friend’s yard, this is great news for me. There is nothing I hate more then dealing with a puking significant other.

Or really a puking anything for that matter.

So, I decided to get Ryan a “brew your own beer” kit. I had been thinking about trying my hand at beer making, since I love hobbies and I’ve heard the beer is much tastier, and when I saw the Brooklyn Brew Shop kit I knew I had to get it. One of the taglines on their website is, “We sell beer kits that don’t look like kits,” and I totally agree.

Just look at this baby:



Isn’t it adorable? How could I not buy it for Ryan? I’m a sucker for anything that looks like a science experiment and I love nice packaging. The kit, with some grain, and shipping was less then $60 dollars. Everything about it was perfect.

Expect it’s not going to fucking be here by Christmas! I'm seriously not happy. Look, I get that the Brooklyn Brew Shop can’t control the weather and I’m not so egocentric as to think someone wanted to ruin my fucking Christmas morning surprise, but I’m still pissed. Pissed I tell you! I ordered before the December 16th deadline and I had expected to get the damn box on time.

What makes me the most pissed about this though (because unfortunately this kind of shit happens all the time) is that I emailed the Brooklyn Brew Shop people on Monday and no one ever got back to me. I realize the world doesn’t revolve around me, but if they had gotten back to me an overnight delivery could have been arraigned or something (and they updated their twitter yesterday, which is on their website, saying they mailed out the last of the overnights). Even if I just had to listen to their empty apologies I would feel better.

Maybe it’s because I worked so many years in costumer service (or just because I don’t like being treated like shit), but customer service can make or break any transaction for me. And unfortunately for Brooklyn Brew Shop, it definitely broke it this time.

If the Brooklyn Brew Shop people do ever get back to me (though I won’t be surprised if at this point it’s after xmas) I will update this post to reflect that, but as of now I can only say I will not be buying from Brooklyn Brew Shop again.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I actually like beer, but perhaps that's life's way of shoving my underage-ness in my face :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something similar happened to me when I shopped online at DSW for my anniversary. I called to complain and they bought me off with a $10 gift certificate. It seems that your situation deserves more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dannie: Ain't that the universe for you? lol

    Star Mama: I feel better now that I've vented about it, but I'm going to try and get my shipping refunded. Paying almost $20 bucks for something NOT arriving on time seems a like a little much.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?