Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Reconsidering Columbus Day

I know I'm behind on this (hey I'm busy brushing up on the Neolithic revolution), but I still think it's worth posting.



I think I've posted this video before, but it's too awesome not to post again (similar but much funnier):



I completely agree with idea that Columbus Day should become a holiday celebrating indigenous people. Why some people are so against the idea is beyond me.

If you do as well, you can sign the National Holiday for Native Americans petition here.

2 comments:

  1. I just read the most interesting book. It's called A Voyage Long and Strange: Rediscovering the New World.

    http://www.amazon.com/Voyage-Long-Strange-Rediscovering-World/dp/0805076034/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1255563451&sr=8-2

    It's written with wit and humor, and goes into the same stuff--Columbus was just a guy on a ship, and not very nice to the natives. Anyway, I know you love books as much as I do, so I thought I'd pass it along. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love book recommendations! I will definitely check it out :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?