Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Roundup

Happy Sunday everyone!

Random Picture:

Unknown

I can't remember where I found this pic, but I just love it. This is the kind of thing that would be great blown up and hung over my bed.

It makes me think happy thoughts.

Articles you should read:

1. Rush Limbaugh: Let’s Resegregate Buses.

2. Teen birth rates highest in most religious states

3. Gender equality. This probably isn't what you think it is. It's short and poignant and I think it's worth checking out.

4. Do You Have the Right to Flip Off a Cop? Yes you do.

5. Maine anti-gay campaign echoes California

Song/video:



This made me laugh so freggin hard. (I'm still laughing just thinking about it.)

Thumbs Up:

1. Louder than Words is currently accepting submissions from girls ages 13-19 who are interested in writing a memoir.

2. I think the best news I've heard in quite a while is that Operation Rescue, a crazy anti-choice organization, may be shutting down.

3. Amanda Marcotte's review of Inglorious Basterds is the best I've read. I totally agree with her ideas about Tarintino and I've never really gotten why it seems so many feminists hate him.

"I think, gets a lot of pleasure out of demonstrating over and over again that you can get the 18-45 male audience that Hollywood desires into seats, and you can give them a story about a hyper-competent female hero who kicks ass in every way, and they won’t run screaming out of the theater clutching their balls in fear."

Love it.

The Middle Finger:

1. Alabama Supreme Court rules against Love Stuff. Love Stuff is a store that sells "vibrators and other sexual devices" that was forced to shut down because of an Alabama law that bans the sell of sex toys except for "a bona fide medical, scientific, educational, legislative, judicial, or law enforcement purpose."

One of the judges even claimed, "Public morality can still serve as a legitimate rational basis for regulating commercial activity, which is not a private activity." Ugh.

2. President Ahmadinejad is once again claiming the Holocaust was "a lie based on an unprovable and mythical claim". I don't even know what to say.

3. Not too surprisingly, Fox news has gone ape shit with the ACORN story. I just don't get how these people can call themselves journalists. It's gotten to the point where Fox isn't even a funny punch line anymore and it's just pathetic.

4. This story about Tasha Hill being attacked at a Cracker Barrel is infuriating.

Quote/Thought that makes me happy:
We must be all alike. Not everyone born free and equal, as the Constitution says, but everyone made equal. Each man the image of the other; then all are happy, for there are no mountains to make them cower, to judge themselves against. So! A book is a loaded gun in the house next door. Burn it. Take the shot from the weapon. Breach man’s mind… Then they were given the new job, as custodians of our peace of mind, the focus of our understandable and rightful dread of being inferior: official censors judges, and executors.
-Fahrenheit 451

Something you probably don’t know about me:

I want to adopt every animal I come across, but I actually hate the work that goes into caring for animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?