Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I’m back…mostly

Well, it turns out I did have strep throat. Fortunately for me, I was able to go to this “Express Care” center inside a Smiths grocery store (yeah, I have no freggin idea either) and be seen for only $5 bucks. Even though I’m not a big pill taker, I’ve never felt more ecstatic than when the Pharmacist called my name for me to pay for my prescription.

It was the highlight of my day.

I know you guys are probably thinking I should stop whining, but I am not joking when I say I would have rather gone through labor again than suffer what I went through yesterday. My labor was a walk in the park compared to it. At least the hospital had the decency to dope me up. (I not only couldn’t eat anything, not even yogurt, but I had a high fever with chills, headache, nausea, and was a tad prone to cry at any moment from lack of sleep. It was ugly.)

But today is better. Even though my throat still hurts like a bitch, I can eat some things and am no longer delirious every time I try to read or look at the computer monitor.

It’s amazing at how sometimes that’s all it takes.

Ok, enough about my sickness (hey I got to complain to someone). Ryan and Holden have headed up to Michigan today with Ryan’s father and uncle to see his great grandpa. Part of me is thinking, “woohoo!” but the other part is a little lost at what I’m supposed to do without them for nine days.

(I guess I’m whining again huh? Oh well. If you’re still reading this it couldn’t have been too bad.)

It’s just hard to figure out what to do when such a large chunk of your life has been based on the needs of another human being. (Though I do think the two day car drive to Michigan is almost enough punishment for Ryan for giving me strep. Almost.) I guess knowing I can spend all day reading is the silver lining out of all this.

So that’s it. Sorry this post was so crappy. I also used a crap load of parentheses. (I’ll work on that.) Luckily for you I will have a lot of time on my hands for the next week and so my posts should be much better.

You're welcome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?