Monday, September 14, 2009

Any ideas?

I know my regular readers to be quite clever (though I’m sure those who aren’t so regular are as well), so I’m hoping someone may be able to help me out.

See, I had to write about a group I was prejudiced against for my Psych class. For me it was rather easy to write about my disdain for the really wealthy. It was just the obvious choice for me and I don’t really think I feel so blatantly prejudiced against any other group (though to be honest Christians, at least the extreme sort, would probably be next in line).

But here’s where I’m at a lost - we were just told that the second part of our project is to spend time with whatever group we chose. Obviously I get the point of the assignment, but I’m not exactly sure what I’m supposed to do.

I mean, I don’t think hanging around Nordstrom’s is going to cut it.

I plan on asking my teacher for help on Thursday when I see her, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. (Unfortunately, the next part of the assignment is writing a paper defending the group you chose. Not looking forward to that.) I’m just not sure how I’m supposed to find a way to spend time with the wealthy.

The bright side is it’s only 3-5 hours so I can get it done with one event or whatever.

Any ideas would be most welcome. :)

3 comments:

  1. Um...break into a country club?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could volunteer at a wealthy retirement home? Go get your nails done at an upscale spa? A lot of Nordstrom's have a cafe or coffee shop that you could probably hang out in . . . go to one of those swanky bars (do they have those in Utah?) Hang out in the lobby of an expensive hotel . . . find a horse show? Or find some of those really rich mormoms and see if you could interview them about charity or something like that then slant your questions towards material wealth . . . Go to the restaurant or pro shop at a golf course . . . go to an auction? I'm curious now to see what you do so let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys! lol

    Star Mama: I will let you know for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?