Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ted Kennedy

I doubt there is any one who hasn’t heard of Senator Ted Kennedy’s passing. He’ll be sorely missed and I suppose that after 77 years, Kennedy just didn’t have it in him to continue raging against the dying light.

Picture taken by [ henning ]. (His cemetery photos are brilliant.)

There have been so many great articles and posts written about Kennedy's life already, that I don’t really feel need to say too much myself.

However, I do want to say that Ted Kennedy is proof that even good people make mistakes and that those mistakes needn’t be the summation of a person’s entire life. Far from perfect, Kennedy showed how we can all rise above our past failures, not matter how big they may be, and make a difference in the world.

I can't help but feel we've lost something precious in this passing. Rest in peace Mr. Kennedy.

-Here’s a post highlighting some of the senator’s achievements.
-Here’s a post highlighting some of his mistakes.
-And just for shits and giggles, here’s a post rounding up some of the right's worse Tweets about Kennedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?