Monday, August 10, 2009

Now this is a movie I'd like to see

I just love this trailer from the new movie Good Hair, by Chris Rock:



The entire idea behind this film is brilliant because it provides a commentary on how we look at beauty in this country.

I do think some women may be unhappy about this film or feel their difficulties are being exploited when it should be a private matter, but I really think Chris Rock has hit the mark here.

And if it makes some of us question our privilege then that's even better.

Once again, big heads up to Sociological Images.

1 comment:

  1. Please take a moment to check out my documentary film BLACK HAIR

    It is free at youtube. 6 parts including an update from London, England.

    It explores the Korean Take-over of the Black Beauty Supply and Hair biz..

    With the story of Madame C.J. Walker....it makes this story that much more painful.

    I am not a hater, I am a motivator.

    Plus I am a White guy who stumbled upon this, and felt it was so wrong I had to make a film about it.

    Can it be taken back?

    Link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p96aaTSdrAE

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?