Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Lovely Specimen

We went to see Inglorious Basterds this weekend and it was just great. Though there were a few scenes that made me feel kind of squeamish, I thought the movie was pretty awesome overall.

It's probably one of the best I've seen in a long time in fact.


Britni said she was “completely taken” with the actress Mélanie Laurent and I got to admit I felt the same way about the actor who plays the dairy farmer in the very beginning, Denis Menochet.

When I saw him all I could think was, “Wow. He’s lovely.”





There’s just something about his rugged masculinity that appeals to me. This may sound weird, but I really liked the scene where he lights his pipe and we see his dirty nails and hard working hands. It just screams, "I am man."

It also doesn't hurt that his eyes are just plain gorgeous.

Unfortunately, these were the only pictures I could find of him and there were on his IMDB page. I find that kind of sad.

4 comments:

  1. I agree completly. I already wrote my review for Inglorious Basterds...seriously, the best Tarentino yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He definitely had a rugged handsomeness about him. Very intense and detached, yet emotional at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dannie: I look forward to reading your review!

    Britni: When his character got emotional I just wanted to jump him. That masculine vulnerability was way hot.

    What? You having a hard time controlling yourself Haworth? I know he’s handsome but try to show some restraint. :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?