Friday, August 21, 2009

Let's Play Dress Up

I saw this picture on Jezebel and I just adored it:



I really love when women dress a bit androgynous. It’s one of my favorite styles and I really like clothing that incorporates Victorian-esq details – Gothic Lolita and Steampunk are good examples.

I think part of that comes from my inability to pull the masculine look off myself (besides through jackets and shoes). Because I can't go masculine, I counter that by buying really feminine pieces sometimes.

There's just something about ruffles that make me happy.

I found this really cool website called Gloomth yesterday. Since I’m as poor as poor comes, I had to settle for some cyber window shopping and I found myself wanting to buy everything.

I’ve never wanted a piece of clothing more than I want this jacket (ignore the dress underneath):



Isn’t it awesome? I know it’s all a bit ridiculous, but that’s what I love about it. I can just see myself wearing this baby with a white tee and some jeans (open of course).

I am also loving the lace detail on these shorts:



If all of my clothes suddenly have lace trim I wouldn’t be too surprised.

Put together these clothes are a bit theme-y for my taste, but one their own their like pieces of art.

And I love art.

1 comment:

  1. You know that I totally dig androgyny and try to pull it off the best I can by femming masculine pieces up.

    Also, Rachel McAdams should do me.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?