Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hands Off My Body

I came across this picture of a recent town hall meeting a little while ago and I couldn't help but laugh at the hypocrisy:



Then, I read this quote by Rep. Michele Bachmann talking about health care reform and I realized these people don't get it.
"That's why people need to continue to go to the town halls, continue to melt the phone lines of their liberal members of Congress," said Bachmann, "and let them know, under no certain circumstances will I give the government control over my body and my health care decisions."

This is from a woman who equates abortion to genocide and has sponsored or cosponsored 13 bills restricting abortion rights so far this year.

wtf?

These people don't get that their anti-choice rhetoric is the reality of government control over women's bodies (while their health care reform scare tactics are blatantly imaginary). You can't demand freedom for your own body while imposing laws and restriction upon the bodies of others.

Idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?