Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Amélie

I just saw Amélie for the first time yesterday and I knew instantly it was going to become one of my favorites.


Not only is Audrey Tautou lovely, but I just love the dream-like look and tone of the movie. It's what takes a movie like this, or Penelope, Matilda, Big Fish, etc.., from great to just freggin brilliant. (And a book full of pictures taken by strangers in a photo booth? I want one myself. Seriously.)

There are so many scenes I wished I could just jump right into. If I could cast my life in a similar light, I would do so without hesitation.

How I went so long without seeing this movie is a complete mystery.

6 comments:

  1. I've never seen it, and now I will have to put it in my queue. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm going to have to queue this one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told you it was a great movie!! :) im so in love with Amelie too, i love that movie, i can't believe you hadnt seen it!!

    Probably the best French movie i have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haworth: I can't believe I hadn’t either. I also saw 24 Hour Party People. It was really good and I wasn’t surprised you recommended it. I’d like to know how much of the movie was based on fact though. lol

    It turns out the library has most of the movie you recommended so I am going to watch them when I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recommend rewatching 24Hr Party people with Anthony Wilsons commentry, he tells you what is true and what is artistic license. He is actually dead now, but he is still a legend in these parts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang! I already returned the movie to the library. I will just have to re-check it out one day. :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?