Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sarah Palin opens her mouth and proves my point

I love irony. Yesterday I posted about some lady not being able to grasp that not all criticism toward Sarah Palin is sexist and founded in hate - usually it's founded in reality.

Then today I read two glorious statements by Palin that sum it up nicely I think.

Comments at yesterdays press conference to explain Fridays press conference:
"It's come to my attention that some of my critics, mainly out-of-touch members of the media elite who don't follow basketball, were confused when I mentioned being a point guard and the full-court press that was being applied here," said Palin.

"Let me state my reasons in plain English without any sports analogies: I'm resigning because I feel I can be a more effective leader operating from the sidelines. I'm no bench warmer," she added.
The there's Palin's comments today towards those who are skeptical she could handle being president if ethics complaints were enough to make her resign from being Governor:
Palin said there is a difference between the White House and what she has experienced in Alaska. If she were in the White House the "department of law" would protect her from baseless ethical allegations.

"I think on a national level your department of law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out," she said.
There is no Department of Law at the White House.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?