Saturday, July 18, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple

We just got home from visiting the Oquirrh ("oak-er") Mountain Temple.

Oquirrh Mountain Temple


I have to admit I wasn't really that impressed. I posted before about our visit to the Draper Temple, and both temples had similar set ups.

Draper Temple


The main difference was the amount of stairs we had to climb to get around the place. Though similar in style, the Draper Temple is wider and shorter then the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. Besides that, the decor was really similar. While the Draper Temple focused on pale blues and cooler colors, the Oquirrh Mountain Temple stayed in the gold/yellow family.

I also think the heat had a lot to do with my indifference. It was so hot outside that it was hard to be fully cooled off while trekking up stairs.

You could even see the Draper Temple from where we were though. I know this picture kind of sucks, but it's just amazing how huge that Draper Temple is.



All in all it was an interesting way to spend the day (though I doubt I'll see inside another temple again).

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?