Monday, June 15, 2009

What's Making Me Happy

I feel like I’ve be bitching a little more than usual the last few weeks. And while that’s not too out of character for me, as I’ve talked about my tempestuous nature before, I do feel like I need to let my mind clear for a bit.

(Otherwise those feelings start to permeate other parts of my life and that is no good.)

So, this list of things that are making me happy should come as little surprise. I love to love things. And I love to make lists. You’re welcome.

First things first, I love the word “tempestuous.” Isn’t it just great? It’s one of those words you completely forget about until you’re in the middle of typing it. Good job fingers. Good job.

2. I just love this cover of Britney’s "Womanizer" by Franz Ferdinand. (I have to admit I actually like Britney’s version as well.) I can't help but smile when I hear it.



I also really like the American Rejects cover as well. You can listen to it here.

3. And look at this cake from Aleta Meadowlark at Omnomicon:



Isn’t it just adorable (it’s also a diet cake…go figure)?

I know I said my favorite color is white, but my second favorite color is rainbow for sure. I am going to make this in the next few days (though I’ll probably make cupcakes). It makes me happy just thinking about it.

4. I love the graphic poetry of W.C. Pelon. I have been browsing his site again today and here are three of my favorites:





You can see more of his work here.

5. Goths in Hot Weather has to be one of the silliest most awesome website I've been to in a long time. Check it out.

And that's it. Hope everyone's having a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?