Sunday, June 7, 2009

Utah Pride Festival

We just got home from the pride festival and thought I'd post some pics:













My friend Steve took this picture for his dad since his dad thought he was being irresponsible by going to the festival and "needed to grow up." Ironic part is Steve's dad is pushing for him to get a job at Home Depot.



Sometimes I love the universe.

Here are some great pictures from the Utah Pride Center website:









It was so much fun and the weather was perfect. I don't like to get up early (like before 10) so I almost always miss the parade, but I'm going to try really hard next year.

Maybe. :)

I also just finished playing around with resin pendants and got to wear my Gerda Wegener necklace (the timing couldn't have been any better).







I have no idea why I'm making that face, but it's pretty awesome right?

When I first saw the pictures of Wegener's work on Britni's page, I knew I had to make something out of them (they are copyright free).

I plan on making some more to put in my etsy shop, but this one is all mine.

2 comments:

  1. That necklace is insanely kick ass. But so are the heart and lung ones.

    And I really want the shirt that says "Every time you see a rainbow God is having gay sex."

    Prides are always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! I was gonna buy that shirt, but I don't like to wear t-shirts (I thought it was funnier since it was at the atheists of utah table). I'm thinking about making it into a pin or something.

    They had record turn out this year, so hopefully that will mean more people will vote for equality in Utah. :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?