Sunday, June 21, 2009

Rainbows and 80s Music

Yesterday was one of our friend's birthday, so we decided to go to Liquid Joe's in celebration.

Photo from jotor


Liquid Joe's is a bar where different bands perform covers of 80s music. (Thursdays is 80s metal and Saturday is more 80s hits.) Ryan and I had been wanting to go for a while, so we were super excited.



The band, The Spazmatics, was really good and I didn't realize how many 80s songs I actually liked (thought it's definitely not my fav).



I drank Liquid Loves all night (pretty sure it's the same as this Jamaican Me Crazy recipe) and had fun watching our friends dance like drunken buffoons (which I mean in a good way of course).

I also made some rainbow cupcakes.




Aren't they adorable? They were a little time consuming, but totally worth it. I just can't help but be happy when I look at them.

All in all it was a bunch of fun. (Our friend Kathy did get a little excited trying to put ice down my shirt and ended up pushing me right off my stool and onto the floor. Luckily I was wearing shorts under my dress so it wasn't too embarrassing. There was also some weird guy who started dancing on me and playing with his nipples. Not gonna lie, it was kind of creepy)

So if you're ever in Utah, though I have no reason why you'd want to vacation here, make sure to stop by Liquid Joe's. I'll even go with you.

Just as long as you promise not to throw me on the floor. :)

2 comments:

  1. I would holiday in Utah!! I dont why i would except to say i was going on holiday to Utah! That would be way cool.

    The Rainbow Cakes fucking rock, where did you bet the recipe?

    That joes place from the outside looks rather bland! but if there playing Pete Fucking Burns inside Im sure it rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people come to Park City for snow sports and Sundance. (Utah says it has the best snow on earth. lol) If you like to ski you would probably enjoy that. Plus there’s the Mormon temple. I just know you must constantly lament at the fact you haven’t seen the main Mormon temple. How you get through your day I’ll never know. :)

    I got the recipe here. I made my white cake as usual though (like with eggs and oil) instead of her way with the soda. The frosting is also surprisingly good. It's just difficult to spread and not so pretty. lol

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?