Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Creative Droppings

Wow. That was a really bad title. Oh well...

I want to share a few random things I’ve got going on.

1. I sold my first item on etsy to someone I don’t know.



Not that I don’t appreciate the few people who have ordered things from me, but it’s nice to know you don’t have to know me personally in order to like what I make. So woohoo for that!

2. I got a request from the American Lung Association regarding an Oxygen ball they’re having. They are looking for donations for their silent auction and asked if I would be willing to donate one of my lung pendants.



Typing that makes it sound way more fancy then it is, but I’m happy to help anyways.

3. I made a new footer for my blog. I know it's silly, but I like it.



4. I have also been working on a few of the paintings I started. Last night I had a hard time falling asleep because I had so many ideas I wanted to put on paper. I did finally finish my stupid freggin Poppy painting (which I hate but Ryan seems to love).



This thing has been a thorn in my side for the last few days. Every time one thing got fixed, another got messed up. You can't imagine how relieved I am to be done with it.

5. I got a ton of ideas I want to try for necklaces and some lapel pins. I know this probably sounds crazy, but I think I want to make a pendant out of this picture:



I know I know. but I think it might be cool. I'll probably make a pin first to see how it looks, but I in my mind I love it.

Ultimately that's why I make things. Because I just have to. It doesn't really matter if other people like it (though it's nice). It costs me just as much to make one as it does five.

Anywhoo that's it. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?