Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Lest We Forget

As I was driving around today (or at least to the thrift store and then grocery shopping), listening to the Marilyn Manson "the best of" album Ryan had recently picked up, I realized I really like Marilyn Manson.



Marilyn Manson is one of those celebrities that people either love or hate - kind of like Paris Hilton actually - and I've noticed that a lot of people dislike him for what they think he represents more then the music he produces.

At one time I was one of those people.

I tend to hate most things that are mainstream and MM was essentially the mainstream music for non mainstream people. (Did that make sense?) It took me awhile to realize that being "anti-mainstream" can be just as disingenuous as it's counterpart.

And once I read Marilyn Manson's autobiography, I realized I had been wrong all along. Now I can honestly say MM is one of the only famous people I have any desire to ever meet.

Beyond his sparkling wit, I just really like all the different aspects to his music. "The Beautiful People" is one of my all time favorite songs.



Just more proof that you don't always think what you think you think and sometimes the person you know the least is yourself.

(Ok, I have no idea where that came from.)

Update: I just read a great interview of MM here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?