Thursday, June 18, 2009

Issues in Iran

I feel like a bad person because I just don’t care about Iran right now.

It’s not that I don’t feel sympathy towards the Iranians or empathize with their frustrations in having their voices choked off by an obviously rigged election.

I just don’t feel like this is an American issue.

What are we supposed to do? If Ahmadinejad remains president we are going to have to deal with him. If Moussavi becomes president we’ll have to deal with him instead. If Jesus descends from the sky followed by the four horsemen of the apocalypse we’ll…well we’ll probably all be dead.


REUTERS/Umit Bektas


AFP/Behrouz Mehri

My point is we’re going to have to try and form some kind of relationship with whoever the President of Iran may end up being. It’s not too bright to start burning bridges while the dust is still settling.

This is about Iran not America. This is their moment. Americans can do nothing but muck it up.

-I really liked what Sen. John Kerry had to say on this issue.

3 comments:

  1. I have to get jazzed when I seen women in Iran storming the streets, shouting. Sure, they're wearing their head scarves and other coverings but they're kicking ass and taking names! You go girlfriend!

    http://primavera123-inthelifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. All we can do is sit back and watch and wait. then we try to work out the problems with whoever is in charge. But me think that nothing is going to change.

    Khameni yesterday said that Britain was treacherous and sinister lol made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You shifty Brit! Mothers everywhere better keep a closer watch on their daughters and those purses clutched tight! lol

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?