Monday, June 1, 2009

Big Toe Band

I was talking to mom yesterday through skype (I love skype. I want to marry it) and she started telling me a story about one of her old friends Mark Goffeney.

The thing about Mark, he was born without any arms. But do you think he's a little thing like that hold him back? Heck No.

Not only does he do everything from eating to driving with his feet, but he also plays guitar and fronts the San Diego band "Big Toe."

This video is really short, but I just love it so much I had to post it. It's a cover of "Rapid Roy" by Jim Croce, but Mark's version is much better in my opinion.



Mark just gives it that quintessential San Diego band sound I guess you could say. It makes me think of The Rugburns and that always make me happy. (If you have no idea who The Rugburns are, you can watch a video here.)

This second video is great because you can better see what he's doing with his feet since it's shot from behind. The downside is you can't hear him as well (which totally blows since he does such a good job).



I don't know about you, but I feel like a complete underachiever when I see people like this.

My mom always knows the coolest people.

2 comments:

  1. There's a kid like this in my town. He's totally cool. He has slender stumps instead of hands.

    I work in a book shop and he came to the register and paid cash, flipping open his wallet, finding EXACT CHANGE and paying me with a cheeky grin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome.

    And I'm totally jealous you get to work in a book store. :)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?