Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Roundup

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday and the hangovers aren't too bad.

Let's jump right in...

Random Picture:



This is our friend Russell abusing a Jenna Jameson blow up doll last night. It turns out sucking the feet of a plastic sex toy is much fun.

That is one lucky lady my friend. One lucky lady.

(I will explain this in more detail later, but for now this picture makes me smile so I thought I would share.)

Articles:

1. Here’s a great article, 10 Years After Matthew Shepard and Media Still Can't Get It Right, by Karl Frisch.

He talks about how some media personalities are attempting to distort the current effort to expand the federal hate crimes law by including gay, lesbian, and transgender people among its protected classes. I thought it was great.

2. Interesting post from T.I. about learning from past mistakes and the importance of putting down guns.

3. As usual, Glenn Greenwald hits the nail perfectly on the head in his post, "We wouldn't want to inflame anti-American sentiment." Read it. It rocks.

Song/video:

This video is just great and it totally made me giggle.



Thumbs Up:

I don’t know how it happened, but I don’t have anyone special to give a thumbs up to.

So I guess this one’s for you dear reader. :)

The Middle Finger:

1. I hate to do it, but shame on President Obama for reversing his promise to make public the photos depicting detainee abuse by U.S. personnel overseas. If you have any doubt as to why this is such a bad idea, just read the above mentioned article by Greenwald.

2. I also want to give a special screw you to the Laos government for telling a British woman, Samantha Orobator, who was impregnated in jail that she must deny being raped or face death.

3. Not to be outdone, the University of Tennessee has extended a scholarship offer to a convicted rapist because he happens to be great at football. Way to go UT!

4. And what is up with L’Oreal whitewashing gorgeous brown skinned women? They’re fine the way they are. Stop it!

Quote/Thought that makes me happy:
“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.” (Siddhartha Gautama, 563-483, B.C.E.)

Something you probably don’t know about me:

I don’t know how to do a cartwheel. I just never learned when I was younger. I know it seems silly, but it’s one of those things I just wished I knew how to do.

Cause sometimes life just calls for a cartwheel.

Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. i cant cartwheel either! And i learnt that this is something i should have done when i was a kid when i started capoeira classes, they cartwheel alot......hence i gave up as i just cant do it

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?