Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday Roundup

I know it’s stupid, but I’m really pissed that blogger posted this roundup when it wasn't finished.

It wasn't any where near ready, but I did try to go back in fill in some holes. I would have liked to have a few more articles, but what can you do?

Overall, I really enjoy making these and will probably continue to do so till something else catches my attention. :)

Random picture:

I am loving this Danish poster:


"We demand: respect, equal wages and orgasms."

Articles:

If you're going to read anything in this post, it should be this article by Yasmin Alibhai-Brown questioning the treatment of Muslim women. I love this quote regarding a fellow British Muslim woman:
I look out of my study at the common and see a wife fully burkaed on a sunny day. She sits still. Her children and husband run around, laughing, playing cricket. She sits still, dead, buried, a ghost. She is complicit in her own degradation, as are countless others. Their acquiescence in a free democracy is a crime against their sisters who have no such choices in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Afghanistan and elsewhere.

Song/video:

This video is from Jay Smooth where he talks about race. Even though all his videos are great, I thought this one was especially good.



You can see more of his videos here.

Thumbs UP:

My biggest kudos has to go to President Obama for cutting the funding to abstinence only sex education and allocating those funds to a comprehensive education program.

Also, a shout out to the Washington D.C. council who voted to recognize same-sex marriages from states that approve them.

And Gov. John Baldacci for making Maine the fifth state to legalize gay marriage.
“I have come to believe that this is a question of fairness and of equal protection under the law, and that a civil union is not equal to civil marriage.“This new law does not force any religion to recognize a marriage that falls outside of its beliefs," the governor said. "It does not require the church to perform any ceremony with which it disagrees. Instead, it reaffirms the separation of church and state.“It guarantees that Maine citizens will be treated equally under Maine’s civil marriage laws, and that is the responsibility of government," Baldacci said.

The Middle Finger:

Erick Erickson's comments of Justice Souter's retirement are just digusting: “The nation loses the only goat fucking child molester to ever serve on the Supreme Court in David Souter’s retirement.” He followed up that comment with this one: “Lefties really get offended when you point out what David Souter does in his spare time with goats and kids.”

That's as horrible an accusation as I've ever heard. (I also don't understand why only "lefties" would be against child molestation and goat fucking.)

I can't believe the UAE is fining amother over the death of her baby because she had a miscarriage after being in a car accident. It makes me sick.

The Conservative media for obsessing over the mustard President Obama chose to put on his hamburger. Seriously people, get a hobby.

Quote/Thought that makes me happy:
“I’ve been making a list of the things they don’t teach you at school. They don’t teach you how to love somebody. They don’t teach you how to be famous. They don’t teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don’t teach you how to walk away from someone you don’t love any longer. They don’t teach you how to move on when the one you love walks away from you. They don’t teach you how to know what’s going on in someone else’s mind. They don’t teach you what to say to someone who’s dying. They don’t teach you anything worth knowing.”— Neil Gaiman

Something you probably don’t know about me:

I love the sound the computer makes when you empty the trash can. That little crumpled paper noise makes me happy for some reason.

5 comments:

  1. Mustard rules!!! You cant beat it!

    I really enjoy the sunday round up, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It wasn't ready to be published, but blogger does what it will. lol

    I love mustard too. I wonder if they would have been as upset if it was yellow mustard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yellow mustard is all i know lol, i didnt know it came in other colours!! And i have never tried American mustard i wonder if it is different to English mustard?

    Hmmmmm lots of mustard related questions!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if there is a difference between our mustards. It is quite silly when you think about it.

    Mustard seed is yellow so I don’t think there are any non-yellow mustards, but when I said “yellow mustard” I meant American mustard. You know, the bright ass yellow one. Obama used the spicy Dijon mustard, Grey Poupon, so it made him an “elitist” in their eyes.

    It’s all pretty retarded.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turns out there is a big difference in our mustards. You can see it here .

    (I just learned more about mustard then I ever would have thought lol)

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?