Tuesday, April 28, 2009

More SoulPancake Challenges

I've talked about the awesomeness that is SoulPancake before and once again I am loving their different "challenges."

And since I'm bored, I thought I'd post them.

The first one is what you have vs. what you want:
You can't always get what you want. Or can you? What things are filling your soul-pantry these days? Is it junk food for the spirit or super-nutritious, soul-syrupy deliciousness? Don't tell us—show us.

What I have:



What I want:



The most important thing I have is my family. Even though I wouldn't give up this feeling of home I've always wanted, I sometimes wish I could just hop on a bus and never come back. (I think most young parents feel like this sometimes.)

The second is about "facing" your fears:
Are you brave enough to tell the world what you're afraid of? Write your biggest fear(s) on your face. Take a picture and post the link below.

I can't believe I'm going to admit this, but I have a fear that I'm just like everyone else (and yes I totally cheated, but writing on my face didn't sound too fun) :



I don't want to be special the same way everyone else is special. It's a little egocentric, but I just want to know that I'm authentic. And unique.

(Is that really too much to ask? lol)

This is what I love about SoulPancake. It makes you think about things you don't always take the time to think about and then prompts you to tell the world.

It's quite freeing in many ways.

"More and more, for the stupid little kid, that was the idea…

That if enough people looked at you, you’d never need anybody’s attention ever again.

That if someday you were caught, exposed, and revealed enough, then you’d never be able to hide again. There’d be no difference between your public and your private lives." -Choke

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?