Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mistresses

I’m a little ashamed to admit I am in love with the show Mistresses on BBC America.



I’m not usually into these sort of dramas (like Gossip Girl or Desperate Housewives), but this one is just great.

From BBC:
Katie, Trudi, Siobhan, and Jessica are four thirty-something women who've been good friends since college. Their lives have taken very different turns, but they all have one thing in common - infidelity. Their tangled web of love and deceit envelops all four woman with life-changing results. As life and love take them from excitement and happiness to torment and loneliness, the friends are simply struggling to hold it all together.

I like how the show doesn’t try to make having affairs look like a walk in the park like a lot of shows tend to do. (I also like how, even though all the women are mistresses, all of the relationships are set up in different ways.)

All the women are gorgeous, but I like how they aren’t so “perfect.”



It's always refreshing to see women who look and dress like stylish attractive women without looking too Hollywood-ish.

I especially love the actress who plays Siobhan, Orla Brady:



Even though I didn't start watching till episode 7, I am totally hooked (and I'm a little pissed the earlier episodes aren't offered on ON Demand).

Season One on DVD is going to be released tomorrow and I can't wait.



Anyhoo, check it out if you think it looks interesting.

4 comments:

  1. i havnt actually seen this, i did see the adverts for it last year i think.

    You have On Demand too!!! What!! I tell you America you aregetting a good deal, i pay £134 pounds a year so you can watch these programs!! lol, is the On Demand its own american one or is it the same as are one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the same. I read somewhere that an American version was in the works, but I probably won't watch it. lol

    Yes I have On Demand with my cable, but I pay a little over a hundred dollars a month for cable/internet. It totally sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On demand is on the internet here and is completely free! Even if you do not pay a TV license.

    Have a look for a great show called the Stewart Lee Comedy Vehicle, it might be on demand it is totally brilliant, if its not on there it is defo on Youtube.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?