Friday, April 24, 2009

A little nostalgia – On My Own

I hated high school. There is really no other way to say it. I hated waking up early. I hated homework. I hated having to sit still for hours at a time. I hated being quiet. But most of all, I hated kids my own age.

I had better relationships with my teachers then I did with my fellow students (there are always a few exceptions of course).

I had the get in and get out mentality a lot of people get.

Even though I was in dance, drama, and choir, the only group I really loved being with was our ensemble group (a show choir where you sing and dance).

At the end of the year, each student was required to sing a song of their choosing. My senior year I sang “On My Own” from Les Miserables with classmate Brittney Bailey.

We are both really strong altos so this song was perfect.

Every once and awhile I like to listen to it again. Not only for the memories, but because the song just plain rocks (Lea Salonga is such an amazing singer).

On My Own:


(Starts at 1:37)


My favorite part is still, "I love him, but when the night is over... He is gone. The river’s just a river."

I know it's kind of random, but what can I say? I'm a random kind of person. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?