Saturday, April 18, 2009

I'm Pretty Much Awesome

I have had an eventful day today.

Not only did I got to the most wonderful of all places, also known as Ikea, but I made my first pair of earrings (I tried to take a picture wearing them, but they're too hard to see):



I LOVE them to say the least (I made them using shrink plastic).

This is the first time I've tried to make my own jewelry (excluding my crazy "candy kid" phase in high school). It's not nearly as hard as I thought it would be and I'm excited to keep trying to new things.

I also altered a pair of boots that I had neglected (to say the least):



It's okay if your jealous. ;)

11 comments:

  1. HOW DID YOU DO THAT TO YOUR BOOTS?? SO AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx!

    I'm a little ashamed to say I did almost the whole thing with hot glue. lol

    I'm gonna post step by step pictures on my other blog tomorrow though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. alana i think you take up beer making!!

    You have a talent for making things, why not make beer then get drunk afterwards??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever tried making it yourself? Ryan has talked about giving it a go, but I wasn’t sure how hard it is.

    I’m not really a beer drinker either (I prefer rum). I know, it’s kinda sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah i make my own beer all the time, its really easy!

    Wine is not hard either and it feels great when your drink something that you have made.

    i have lots of alchohol making knowledge just ask and i will let you have lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why not? I think I will give it a go. :)

    Maybe I will actually find a beer I like this way. Plus Utah has strict laws on alcohol content and beer here can't be more then 3% alcohol. It's totally crappy.

    I don't like wine either. I like the idea of wine, but I just can't get over the taste. (I feel like I just admitted to being a brute or eating without silverware lol)

    I will definitely ask for your know how when I’m ready. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3% is that all, my last beer which i named 'Finger Pie' was 7%.

    so yeah you could improve on it all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finger pie?

    I'm almost afraid to ask. haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes Finger Pie, its as crude as you would imagine!


    it my own personal saying though, mine, invented by me!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?