Saturday, April 11, 2009

Colorless Green Ideas Sleep Furiously.

I want to live some place where the streets look like this:

Some place in Washington


I know it's kind of silly, but I like being surrounded by things that are alive (even though I'm not much of an outdoorsy person).

Where I lived in California leaned towards a desert climate so there wasn't as much green as I would have liked.

Utah's a little lacking as well.

I just want to know first hand that places like this exist outside of books and movies:

Along the Union Canal, Edinburgh, Scotland


I can't imagine what it'd be like to live in a place like that. Even green grass makes me happy for some reason.

Southern California doesn't really have a fall time either (Utah's a little better).

Autumn is my favorite:



I guess nature just reminds me that I'm alive and connected to something bigger and more majestic than I can fathom.

Ok, I'll stop now. lol

2 comments:

  1. Really beautiful pix, especially the one in Scotland. I used to live in Oregon, which is beautiful in places, and now I live in North Dakota which is beautiful too, but a lot different than Oregon. I like the wide openness and how green everything is in summer. I even like the vast whiteness in winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan's grandparents live in Oregon and we've been meaning to visit them forever. I heard it's really nice out there.

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?